Translating between tour guides and tour operators.
I’ve worked across the tours & activities sector starting as a NYC tour guide before going into guide training and experience design.
You’ll find me:
- Advocating for guides through the Global Guide Alliance
- Educating a modern-era of experiences by including a wider variety of voices with orgs like Women in Travel CIC & Tourpreneur
- Designing experiences at Atlas Obscura
I’m always thinking about:
- Bridging the communication gap between tour guides & tour operators
- Combatting the misconception that guides are ‘interchangeable’ and expendable.
- The importance of branding your tour experience (and how to get your guides on board)
- Making Responsible Travel more accessible/intelligible
- Expanding the definition of travel to include more local travel
Listen/Watch Nikki On:
I have worked with Nikki several times in the past few years on special projects. Each time, she has distilled the project down to its most basic building blocks, and then over-delivered on what was asked. She is a fantastic thought-leader around guiding and advised us well on how to add value to guides in line with our business.
Nikki is the total package. She understands the tourism industry through multiple perspectives which allows her to remain nimble in maintaining her lines of communication. She is able to pivot seamlessly between the interests of guests, travel guides, and management to provide top-notch service throughout…
Nikki has been an incredible resource for our business, offering incredible support and insight into our business and making connections we couldn’t have made without her…